All Library buildings are now open to the public. Modified hours for all Library branches, except the Anna Meyer Branch, are from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday and 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday. The Anna Meyer Branch is open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday and 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday. All Library branches will operate under the State Fire Marshal’s Open Safely guidelines.
Returned items will be quarantined for 3 days before staff checks them in and reshelves them.
To serve as many patrons as possible throughout the day, the maximum time available to each person in the Library is one hour per day.
To safely serve the public, the Library will:
- Operate at 50 percent occupancy,
- Distance tables and chairs,
- Quarantine returned items for 3 days before reshelving them,
- Install sneeze shields,
- Require staff to wear masks,
- Clean high touch surfaces.
Patrons are encouraged to:
- Download e-books and e-audiobooks on the cloudLibrary and Hoopla apps,
- Designate one member of the household to visit the Library to check out all items for that household,
- Wear masks to protect staff members and other patrons,
- Follow safety guidelines and staff directives,
- Place items on hold instead of browsing. To place an item on hold, patrons can log in to their online account or in the Library’s Stacks app. Additionally, patrons can call their local branch to place items on hold.
Patrons and staff 8 years of age and older must wear a face covering or mask while in the Library unless an exception identified in the order applies. (Louisiana Executive Order dated 7/11/2020).
Meeting room use is not available at this time. Please check back for more information.
The mission of the Ouachita Parish Public Library is to advance literacy, inspire lifelong learning, and strengthen our community by serving everyone in Ouachita Parish.