- Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
LINKS TO ONLINE JOURNAL ARTICLES & DATABASES:
- Ancestry.com We provide access to Ancestry.com Library Edition. This database is only accessible on public computers located in our libraries. Ancestry.com is one of the leading online resources for tracing family history. Databases include census records, the Social Security Death Index and Ancestry World Tree.
- Polaris Fusion Photos, newspaper articles, and historical documents from the library's Special Collections Department.
- International Genealogical Index Contains over 200 million names of individuals from around the world. The names come from vital records from the early 1500s to 1885.
- Family History Library Catalog Lists and describes the records, books, microfilms and microfiche in the Family History Library.
- Social Security Death Index Contains an index of deceased people who had social security numbers and whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration.
- Military Index Lists individuals in the United States military service who died or were declared dead in Korea or Vietnam from 1950 to 1975.
*Genealogy PCs may be used by the public for genealogical research only.
*We have a collection of local area newspapers dating back to 1825 on microfilm, as well as almost 2,000 historical photos available for research.
ADDITIONAL GENEALOGICAL LINKS:
- Ouachita GenWEB
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Web
- Rootsweb Genealogical Data Cooperative
- Genealogy Mailing Lists
- U.S. GenWeb Project
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System
- Louisiana US GenWeb Project Page
- Acadian Genealogy Homepage
- Louisiana Death Records
- Find A Grave
- Family Search
- Dead Fred
- The Freedman's Bureau Project
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- AfriGeneas: African Ancestored Genealogy
- Blank Genealogy Forms