Library network down
UPDATE 5/13/21: Hoopla is now available for use.
ORIGINAL: The Library is experiencing an unforeseen, critical network failure. Many resources are affected by this outage. Branches are open for service and patrons may still check out and borrow books, DVDs and physical items. The following services are currently working and accessible:
- All physical items are available for check out,
- cloudLibrary is available to borrow e-books and e-audiobooks,
- Kanopy is available to stream films, The Great Courses and Kanopy Kids,
- Flipster is available to borrow magazines, and
- Copy and fax services are available (print services are unavailable).
Many other Library services are affected by this outage, including:
- Online catalog,
- Public computers and WiFi,
- Library phones,
- Library app,
- Hoopla app,
- Freegal Music app, and
- All other Library databases.
To contact the Library, patrons may visit any branch in-person for assistance or send a message via Facebook or Instagram. Library telephones are currently down, but patrons can fax the Library. Branch fax numbers are:
- Main Branch: 318.327.1373
- Anna Meyer Branch: 318.329.4059
- Carver-McDonald Branch: 318.329.4061
- Louise Williams Branch: 318.343.3476
- Ollie Burns Memorial Branch: 318.329.8255
- Ouachita Valley Branch: 318.327.1473
- Cpl. J.R. Searcy Memorial Branch: 318.323.7565
- Sterlington Memorial Branch: 318.665.9476
- West Monroe Branch: 318.329.4062
- West Ouachita Branch: 318.397.8657
Our IT department is working diligently to get the systems back up and running as quickly as possible. We are anticipating this issue to be resolved within 7-21 days. No late fines will be charged while the network is down. All updates will be posted on oplib.org and on Library social media channels. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.